The Enterprise UAS Specialist is a new position within Adorama Business, supporting the hypergrowth of our Enterprise Drone & UAS division nationwide. The Enterprise UAS Specialist will support the ABS Sales Team in selling Drones & UAS Solutions including equipment, consultation, training, support & repair. This position may involve up to 50% travel to complete objectives.
As a licensed and experienced UAS operator, the Enterprise UAS Specialist will conduct professional demonstrations of our solutions assortment to interested customers, highlighting the features and benefits of each solution and matching them to customer needs. The Enterprise UAS Specialist will also assist in facilitating instructor-led training that is offered as a service to Adorama customers.
The Specialist will provide pre-sales and post-sales consultation and support to facilitate successful sales of drones & related services. As part of this role, the Specialist will be assigned a Revenue Target for Drone Category sales in their assigned territory or market by supported Sales Associates. Variable compensation & annual bonus will be tied to performance against this sales goal, and the Specialist is responsible for driving sales growth in their territory.
The Enterprise UAS Specialist will also contribute to content development for Training and Marketing by generating various assets (training presentations, thought leadership, case studies, white papers, and product bundles) assigned by manager or leadership.
Specialists will be expected to keep abreast of technological advancements and understand the key features and attributes of each platform and solution we provide, with an emphasis on interoperability and the benefits of a diverse vehicle fleet. Each associate will be asked to specialize in 2 or more specific platforms, including any required certifications and training to support that aircraft
Facilitate Training & Conduct Flight Demonstrations (50%)
• Train users on effective flight operations, safety guidelines, and key technical skills
• Conduct flight demonstrations & training nationwide to Adorama customers and prospects
• Coordinate, conduct and follow up on demo events (Expos, Fly days and private demos)
• Demonstrate product capabilities to small and large audiences.
• Apply knowledge of UAS regulatory environment and flight operations requirements
Pre-Sales Consultation & Post-Sales Technical Support (30%)
• Provide advice and recommendations on drone solutions for commercial fleet customers.
• Qualifying leads and working with prospective clients to understand drone needs
• Advise, inform, and facilitate sales process to meet customer needs and requirements.
• Contribute to post-sale customer support experience by assisting with Enterprise support
• Field Drone inquiries from ABS customers through Salesforce.com Case tickets.
Training & Marketing Content Development (20%)
• Developing SOP’s, SOW’s, and other basic service engagement documentation.
• Develop training curriculum for assigned industries or vertical markets
• Develop training and documentation for in-house sales teams on assigned products & solutions
• Internal and external consultation on projects assigned by manager or leadership team.
• Stay abreast of technology advancements and newly adopted applications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (College Degree preferred)
• 3+ years flight operations and technical experience in commercial UAS/drone systems
• Deep experience with major platforms (e.g. DJI, Autel, FLIR, Parrot, Pix4D, DroneDeploy, etc.)
• FAA Part 107 remote pilot's license and subject-matter certifications (LiDar, AUVSI, etc.)
• First-hand experience in one of our core or target industries
o Public Safety, Energy/Utilities, Mining, Agriculture, or Federal Government
• Knowledge of ground support equipment, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, manufacturers and customers
• Must be able to handle confidential information effectively and without breach of confidentiality
• To conduct equipment demonstrations specialist must be able to lift 50+ pounds
• Salesforce.com & Microsoft Office
We at ADORAMA believe in respecting & encouraging diversity and as such we gladly abide by all EEOC regulations. We will never turn down a qualified employee based on race, religion, gender, sexual-identification, disability, or any other protected class. All jobs are and will continue being awarded based on merit.