ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you ready to help us continue to capture the best and enjoy life’s moments by making our future brighter?
If so, keep reading... The Chief Architect will support all phases of product delivery and implementation. This includes analyzing and documenting customer business requirements, conducting requirement gathering workshops with customers, and configuring and installing software as a service solution (SaaS). This position will interact with various levels of management and will have great visibility both internally and externally.
As a Chief Architect, you will be responsible for providing the highest caliber of technical leadership and take ownership of the definition of architectural approaches used across different software solutions to meet the Company and customer’s strategic goals.
• Technical leadership for the organization in the appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms, design patterns and work methods.
• Engineering methodologies – provide recommendations and guidance in best practice, tool use and application of modern engineering processes.
• Architecture and design –propose technical solutions, ensure their integrity, and that the solutions can be built, implemented, and maintained within timelines/budgets.
• Technical design authority – internally and externally recognized as a specialist on complex technical areas, will drive benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment, and testing activity.
• Improve quality – identify innovative approaches to improve software quality.
• Provide stability – ensure teams can develop in a stable and productive environment, with minimal rework required due to of architectural change or problems as products evolve.
• Industry knowledge – familiar with industry changes in technology standards, anticipates technology shifts in development standards, methods, and emerging 3rd party software to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of products.
• Translate business requirements and product vision into application architecture that exceeds expectations.
The ideal candidate will have a well rounded-technical background as well as a progressive history of leading large projects end-to-end. High-level judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. Strong leadership, planning and management skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills, at ease presenting to large groups and executive teams.
• Stays current on emerging technical trends, patterns, and solutions for ecommerce. Acts as resident expert for how digital experience and retail are changing and influences business and technical audiences.
• Recommends, leads and participates in solution architecture work to ensure that the architecture strategy is consistent with long-term business objectives.
• Drives execution for large business initiatives and alignment of architecture into business, product and technical plans.
• Aligns solution to platform, data, cloud and reference architecture patterns and capabilities.
• Acts as the end-to-end technical architecture lead for initiatives to communicate design, context and considerations
• Maintains solution views and roadmaps. Ensures these are accurate, pragmatic and actionable within product teams.
• Maintains a consistent solution architecture design. Maintains views into current state, risks and recommendations towards directional roadmaps.
• Acts as lead for technical architecture for one or more business solutions that ensures critical thinking, security standards compliance, collaboration, alignment versus broader architecture decisions and input into roadmaps.
• Finds ways to embed processes, patterns, tooling and automation to improve architectural maturity.
• Updates and maintains technical domain leadership on reviews, risks and technical direction.
• Responsible for ensuring that architected solutions are implemented to standards
• Organizes discussions, planning and technical design for solution with engineering leadership. Helps assist and drive roadmap vision into actionable steps for engineering leaders.
• Mentors engineers in solution architecture practices.
• Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current, and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
• BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of backend software lead/architect experience, with 5 years architecting and shipping software at scale.
• Deep knowledge in several of the following domains: Microservices, databases, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP
• Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up, including various data regulatory, compliance considerations.
• Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams
• Significant experience with SOA/microservices and event-driven architectures
• Ability to create analysis and quick prototypes for different implementation alternatives
We at ADORAMA believe in respecting & encouraging diversity and as such we gladly abide by all EEOC regulations. We will never turn down a qualified employee based on race, religion, gender, sexual-identification, disability, or any other protected class. All jobs are and will continue being awarded based on merit.